02 July 2010

Delicious Details!

While in DC I knew I had to taste something scrumptious. Months ago I heard about this bakery in Georgetown that specializes in cupcakes, I knew I had to check it out. Georgetown Cupcakes is located on the corner of M Street and 33rd in Georgetown. There is also a location in Bethesda.



Georgetown Cupcakes was founded by sisters Katherine Kallinis and Sophie LaMontagne. In February 2008, Georgetown Cupcakes opened, the first and only cupcakery in DC.

The daily cupcake is full of delicious choices for the eyes and tummy. I standed in line for a half-hour, but it was totally worth it. After drooling from the streets, you walk into a shop which holds about 20 patrons max. I bought three cupcakes: key lime, vanilla birthday and my personal fav, salted caramel.


There is a choice of their 9 everyday cupcakes and 6 special cupcakes, which day daily. The flavors are just as you imagine, perfect and all are decorated with their own little detail that enhances the cupcake.

How was I to decide? Go with your instinct. Go for a classic. Here are the descriptions from their website:

Key Lime: Fresh key lime cupcake with a key lime frosting topped with a candied lime.

Vanilla Birthday: Classic Madagascar bourbon vanilla cupcake topped with a traditional sweet vanilla buttercream frosting and rainbow sprinkles.

Salted Caramel: Caramel cupcake with a salted caramel-infused buttercream frosting topped with a caramel drizzle.

I’ve heard through the grapevine that their red velvet is one of the best! But trust me when I say, it is worth every minute you wait in line!

If you want to try Georgetown Cupcakes, they ship throughout the US!

A few weeks after I came home from DC, I was watching TLC- and to my surprise there is a new show starting July 16: DC Cupcakes! Featuring Georgetown Cupcake!

I am going to watch every episode in hopes of going back and eating more delicious, delicate cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment